interview by elena senechal-becker
1) What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?
C: I wanted more than anything to live in the Arizona suburbs. I had a friend in middle school that moved to Arizona and he would post pictures inside these eerily normal, mundane, yet beautiful houses on Myspace. I would constantly imagine living there, often getting regretful and depressed. That specific friend eventually moved back and we were in a Fantasy Football league together in high school. Life is perfect.M: I got everything I ever wanted. Somehow it all falls into place, I'm gently losing it.
2) What is your most public secret?
C: I cannot swim. I love indoor swimming pools with all of my heart.M: I worship The Food Network.
3) What did you dream about last night?
C: I was pulling out all of my back teeth. I could see it happening from a dentist's camera. It ended with my flooding my bathtub and house in front of my (lovely) Mother.M: I'm drowning in piles of 5 dollar bills, a woman in a red dress grabs me by the hand and drags me into the sunset, I try to tell her who I am but I can't speak and the fireworks go off.
4) How did the two of you meet?
Online. We exchanged emails. Isn't that how it always goes these days?
5) The best love song you didn't write?
OUT LATE by Lil Yachty! (Lil Boat)
6) The best love song you did write?
FOX ACADEMY PERFECT SHIRT
7) How would you best describe your ~aesthetic~?
Laundry soap, dinner plates, houses at night with a lamp in one window, ballet, blood red, beige, black.
8) Best piece of advice for getting over something/someone?
Night walks. Separate yourself. Break your life into segments. Spend a little money on yourself. Throw away trash. Be excited for the future.
9) Something you'd like the world to know about Fox Academy?
Best band in the world. Speaks for itself...you'll understand someday. Love you all!